Saturday, November 12, 2011

MY HOMEMADE HALAL CLAYPOT CHICKEN RICE


I like Claypot Chicken Rice and a few chineese foods. I also like to eat Claypot Chicken Rice with salted fish. I don’t have claypot at home. So, I make this without the pot. It may not have the claypot smell, but it does taste similar (not the same 100% coz' I put some mix vege). Its very easy and delicious for me because I miss Malaysia so much!!...

Claypot Chicken Rice - Recipe for 2 ppl


(A)
1 cups of uncooked rice(washed)
1 bowl of water (adjust to preference and type of rice)

(B)
Chicken- cut into small pieces(any part U like)
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
salt to taste
a pinch of white pepper powder
2 tbsp ginger juice( if U’re lazy, just julienne 1 inch of ginger)
1 tbsp corn starch

(C) mixed vege

(D)
3 tbsp light soy sauce (or how salty u want it to be)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce (some brands are darker, some lighter)
2 tbsp oil ,fried with one pip of garlic and 1 shallot
½ tsp sesame oil

spring onion (finely chopped)

Mix (B) all together and marinade for at least an hour ( I do it overnight to save my time).
Mix in the mixed veges to marinade for another 30 mins.
Cook the rice til it’s ¾ cooked through.
Put in the marinated chicken and vege, arrange it nicely and try to make sure the chicken don’t overlap each other.
When everything is cooked, take it of the fire.
Put in (D) and mix it all.
If it’s not salty enough, add more soy sauce according tol taste.
Sprinkle with spring onion on the top and serve with some soups/ slted fish.
Enjoy your halal homemade Claypot Chicken Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment